Saturday, January 22, 2011

The day-after protocol...?


Last night I went on a date. Yes, that's right... I went on a date. It wasn't just any date either, it was a GOOD date.

Now, going on a date is all well and good. But, what I'm concerned about is what comes AFTER the date. What is the protocol for who calls who first? 


I guess I should at least explain a bit more about my date, so you can get a feel for my dilemma...

Well, we went to the movies and saw a nice little rom-com, he offered to pay for my ticket and for anything from the candy bar. Chivalrous, right? And, so we go straight up into the movie, no time for mucking around. Anyways, after the movie we went for a walk around and we got along GREAT. I'm not just saying the conversation kept flowing, I'm saying that we were joking, laughing AND actually talking. We went and got some ice-cream (because I have a definite soft-spot for ice-cream!) and we shared our cones. Which was sweet. Anyways, long story short, the date was definitely on my list of top-5 dates.

Which, then brings me to my dilemma... It is now Saturday morning (the morning after) and I am wondering who talks to who first? Do I text him and tell him I had a great night or do I wait for him to text to see if he's still interested? What am I meant to do?!

I don't want to text him straight away because then I might seem desperate...? But, what if he never texts/calls me?! I really want a second date with this guy, and I don't want to scare him off. ADVICE!?


Quick Decision:
Will wait to see if he has called or anything by tonight. If not, I will send him a nonchalant text along the lines of: "Thanks for last night. I had fun :)".

1 comment:

  1. Have patience my dear. If he liked you, he'll call. If he didn't, he won't.
    It sounds like you two had fun. Just wait :) If he contacts you in days, that's a bad sign.

    ReplyDelete