Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Online Dating and Truckers...


Ahh, being an avid user of the world wide interwebs it was only a matter of time before I fell into the trap that is 'online dating'.

Feeling melancholy, remembering all the good times with my ex, I decided that I needed something to keep my mind off him. (I had my phone in my hand, just about to hit the call button... That would have resulted in a very interesting/depressing story to tell.) Laying in bed playing around with my iPod Touch, I realised that there was an application on there called "Are You Interested?". Apparently I made a profile aeons ago, and had not remembered. I thought, for shits and giggles, I'd see if I had any people interested in me. Much to my shock, people were interested.

With the happiness that people were interested still lingering in my mind a guy by the name of "LebeR" decided to chat with me.  Now, instead of sticking with the general salutation of hello, hey, hi or even bonjour, he opened the conversation with:

"Lets fuck, baby" 


I'm not a prude, and I am quite partial to a good round of intercourse (lets be honest, who isn't...) but, this one line just struck a nerve with me. I got angry... Screenshots will demonstrate:

Note: To read the conversation, it starts at the bottom of each screenshot and goes up.

 Screenshot 1: The initiation of conversation.


Screenshot 2: Me starting to get annoyed.


















Screenshot 3: Him finally realising I'm annoyed.

















It was only after I had finally got him to stop talking that I looked at his profile... He was a 40-something year old trucker who looked very, very scary. If any of you have seen the movie RoadKill, you will know that truckers are definitely something to be scared of...

Quick Decision:
Will keep my profile in the hope of actually finding a nice guy. Will have to put up with the creep show that is: Online Dating.

5 comments:

  1. awww you're so purdy := It's a jellyfish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that any dating site that doesn't require a monthly fee can't really be all that productive. If he's not willing to at least pay out a little cash in hopes of finding you (the one... or somethgin like that) then I don't think he'll be willing to make the effort in other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be soo annoyed if a guy didn't get the hint the first 17 times. I appreciate how honest your blog is; no sugar coating.

    Hope your weekend was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually take the hint when someone can't put a verb and a noun together in a sentence - makes me realize that half the things I am saying means squat to him!

    P.S - loved the post :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling you and I could have a long exchange about our tragic online dealings... however, I have found my best friend and my boyfriend (two different people) through the internet. I really think the internet gods have to be on your side, and it's true that Denise has a point: it probably took very minimal effort to get into the Are You Interested app, whereas for dating sites there are rules, regulations, and means of reporting/blocking unsavory characters, even the free ones. (I found my man on a free one! :p)

    ReplyDelete