Friday, February 4, 2011

Marriage, Curves and Us...


While eating dinner last night my brother said something that really shocked me... He said:

"I'm never going to get married... Because once you get married your partner gets fat and you can't do anything about it."

Coming from a 21-year-old male, I thought... Wow, is this really how everyone thinks? If it is... I'm screwed! It got me thinking, not about marriage but about body issues. Being a healthy 70-something kg's I'm not exactly what you would class as stick thin.

Here's a few facts about me:
  • I jiggle when I run
  • I have boobs
  • I have thighs that sometimes rub together
  • I love to eat
  • I have curves
Does that class me as unmarriageable? I think not. It classes me as beautiful, unique and sexy.

I sometimes resent the fact that I am a part of society that worships the size 0 models and the fashions that cause eating disorders. Why couldn't I have been born back in the day where the fatter you were the sexier you were... Because, God knows, I'd be one sexy lady. Being curvy impacts my life everyday, even if I don't realise it.

Dating in this world is harder than ever, but put a few kilos on and dating is hell. I'm a healthy young woman, but I know there are some other women out there that don't see the positives of being curvacious.

So, to all of those women out there who have lucious curves:
You don't need a man to tell you you're beautiful.

You are stunning. Just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment